register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

green cleaning











Ok, I admit it.
cleaning is definitely not my favourite thing. There are so many other things I would rather do instead. However it doesn't mean that I like my house untidy either. Sometimes we do need to tidy up and clean..

Today I have had a enough with the dirty shower that hasn't been cleaned properly for too long.
I don't like using harsh chemicals when I am cleaning. Especially when you have to touch it, smell it and see it going down the drain, into our water and soil.
There are green alternatives. They are not only good for the environment and your health, they are also effective, easy to use and inexpensive.
Natural products I stock for cleaning
-Bicarb soda
-vinegar
-tea tree oil
-eucalyptus oil
-lemon
-salt

a good sponge for scrubbing, a few rag (maybe cut out from your old cloths) and an old toothbrush are all you'd need for most of the general cleaning purposes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours..
    Utah green cleaners

    ReplyDelete