register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Sunday, September 14, 2008

my little girl's birthday party


my daughter's 5th birthday party!
I made this chocolate strawberry short cake. Lucky she was born in spring and i can get these sweet organic strawberries for her birthday cakes. strawberries are one of the 10 most pesticide-ridden produce so i make sure they are organic when i get them.
The chocolate sauce and sliced strawberries are sandwiched between the two moist chocolate sponges with added tofu.
The sauce is made with soy milk, kuzu, agar agar, sweetened with rice and maple syrup.
chocolate is still very yin. so even though this is so much more kind to your body compare to sugar filled dairy chocolate cake, be sensible!!! well my daughter wasn't listening to my advise....
we also had fairy oatmeal buscuits, kanten jellies and raisin bliss balls with carob.
I really believe that a kids' party food doesn't have to be unhealthy to be enjoyed. And it proved it right today.
happy birthday, my little princess!

1 comment:

  1. the cake looks soooo good. I bet your daughter loved it!

    ReplyDelete