One of our new additions to our list of superfood is BAOBAB. It has an amazing nutrients profile and the best of all it tastes so pleasant!
Baobab is also known as “the tree of life” from Africa. it can live as long as 5000 years. Raw organic baobab fruit is highly nutritious and rich in antioxidsants, amino acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Manganese, Zinc, phosphorus, Iron, Protein and soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. It also has a high ORAC vale of 1400 per gram.
Baobab is known for its high content of vitamin C - six times more than oranges, as well as iron - three times more than spinach, antioxidants - three times more than blueberries, calcium - three times more than milk, and potassium - six times more than bananas.
The Baobab fruit pulp shows interesting properties in the stimulation of the intestinal microflora growth. Studies carried out in Research Centers have shown that the hydrosoluble fraction of the fruit pulp has a stimulating effects on the proliferation of Bifidobacteria. In fact, soluble dietary fibers, like those contained in the pulp (about 25%), are known to have prebiotics effects stimulating the growth and/or the metabolic activity of beneficial organisms.
While much research is still being conducted, some of the possible health benefits of our Organic raw baobab fruit powder may include:
● Strong anti-oxidant with an ORAC value of 1,400 per gram
● Antibacterial & anti-fungal properties
● Source of soluble fibers with prebiotic activity
● Anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic activity
● Increasing calcium absorption
● Anti-diarrhea, anti-dysentery activity
● Helping to fend off free radical damage
● Excellent source of many micro nutrients
● Natural & excipient
● Reducing constipation
● Supporting healthy cholesterol levels
● Relieving stomach aches
● Rich in triterpenoids beta-sitosterol, beta-amyrin palmitate, alpha-amyrin palmitate & ursolic acid