register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Sunday, July 24, 2011

my puff pastry










Last time I wrote about the margarine that I made and said I'd make a puff pastry. I am proud to say I have done so already. My version is rough puff pastry so it doesn't take as long and it doesn't need to add fat as much as a traditional pastry.
Still I folded about 10 times over the course of 3 hours or so. Because it keeps quite well and freezes I made a bigger batch.

So What should I make with these...? savoury? or something sweet?
I asked my daughter and there is no surprise there. I was to make a dessert.
To cheat ( I think I used up most of the energy making the pastry today) I got azuki bean paste that I froze a while ago and spread onto the pastry. While it is baking I made white choco glaze with cocoa butter, stevia and kudzu.

No comments:

Post a Comment