register for updates and specials from shokuiku

Sunday, August 2, 2009


this is the most exciting thing!
our organic brown rice is back!
Organic brown rice has been unvailable for nearly 2 years because of the drought.
I went down to Victoria market on Saturday and here it was in a bulk section. Australian brown rice!? I have been getting Italian semi-brown rice for a treat in the past.
Rice takes so much water to grow them so it does make no sense trying to grow it here in Australia. However when you think about importing from overseas does it take more energy and resorces to get it here?
I am not sure the answer. If anyone knows let me know.
Anyway I was glad to share the excitement with my daughter about the brown rice, though she was more excited when she saw her buckwheat pancake for breakfast that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment